Sechs Kies 1st Album :: Would you remember (기억해 줄래)



Would you remember (기억해 줄래) is one of my fave ballads. It's from their 1st album, and only three of the members sing in this song. Actually they remixed this song in their 4th Album and all the members are participated! but the genre is different. 1st Album's Would you remember (기억해 줄래) is a slow, romantic ballad and 4th album's Would you remember (기억해 줄래) is a fun, energetic, dance music. I really prefer the ballad version because the background music and surroundings do match the lyrics themselves! In this song, the guy is asking his girl to remember the lovely moments of them loving each other..., at their breakup of the relationship. (isn't it so sweet) Doesn't the lyric or the story more fit in the genre of ballad than the dance? I don't know what the heck those producers were thinking when they were remixing this song. LOL (why didn't the producers let suwon or jaejin or jaeduk sing this song? I have no clue but hoped they sung in this version.)
Sechs Kies actually staged 5 of their songs from the album and their 1st album has like 10 songs. I can tell, it was really significant that they performed half of their songs in the album! It does tell that their fame doesn't it? =D
And.. this song was their last song from their LAST performance in the dream concert 2000. I don't usually listen to this song cuz it brings me the bad memories of their disbandment. But in the stage, the boys are all so cute, their stage manners are awesome and it's happy to see them together.. as always.
Miss u guys so dearly.




{Captured Pictures}





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!Hi! It's me (까만토끼),,,lol for some reason I felt I should comment in english. Wow. YOU ROCK! xD

Anonymous said...

oh wait, sorry for double commenting but I love the layout as well :) lol as someone else commented on your korean blog, i noticed the heart ;) oh and I think I can tell what order they're in as well :] again, you rock! I'll hurry up with mine and give you a link! someday,,,sigh.

jama said...

hey izzru like you i also try to avoid listening to this song eventho i love this song coz it will juz bring me to tears reminding me on their last concert and of course i prefer the ballad genre better if only they will let the other members had a share in singin it would be awesome. And oh i realise that they always like to sing this song for their last perf in their concert 99,2000 and the dream concert hmm dunno why?

Imhere said...

까만토끼// lol. thank u for the complement =D I put up almost 2-3 days work on this blog and they were mostly the layouts problems!! and this shadowy picture of them was actually used in my korean blog, likea long time ago. I got lazy to fix/erase the heart between those two at the bottom right. Can u recognize them all? ;)
I'll be looking forward to your fan blog 까만토끼 =)

jama// hey jama =) thanx for the comment. My guess (about them singing this song at the very last at their concerts) is that .. to tell their fans to remember them forever, or more likely remember them constantly. At the 98 concert, Jiwon said something like "We'll sing this song for you (the fans) to remember us forever." IT's more like Sechs Kies themselves asking their fans to remember them.. forever (asking fans to don't forget them) That's why they sung this song at the very last concert for the very last time. Quite sad but also very sweet of them. ;(
I really do prefer this ver than the other. The other song sounding like yippidy yip. (like square dancing! LOL) =)

jama said...

Oh they got did a concert in 98? so far i only have watched their 99 seoul arena concert and their 2000 concert do you knw is there any way i can watch their 98 concert?

Their reason behind in singing to this song for their last perf was very sweet yet heartwrenching:( I also prefer the ballad ver more than the remix one tho the remix do sound nice too wif all the members participated in the song! but the ballad more suited to the lyrics than the remix..imagine a break up with a happy beat make it seem like as tho its more happy for a breakup instead lol haha..

Imhere said...

jama// They did a concert in 98! Actually they did a Korea tour concert in 98! There are recoreded 98 concert and that was an encore concert, they were really I MEAN REALLY popular/famous in 98.

OH and I saw the whole clips of 98 concerts on youtube. Search for them and I'll look for them for you too! =D

When I first saw "this" song was on the list in the 4th album's cover (like in the year of 1999) I got so excited to listen to it, cuz it is one of my fave. Rather, I was quite disappointed after listening to it. I was expecting a slow ballad remix not a game music type. The remix one kinda sounds like a game music doesn't it? lol. If only six members were participated in this original song *sigh* that'd be my dream come true.

jama said...

thanks izzru for ur help :) i tried to search in utube on their 98 concert but none show up anything on the search list unless u referrin to the 98 dream concert? i will try to look around in other site as well im eager to watch it too, i love their perf i tink they sound better live than recorded lol haha

Imhere said...

jama// I searched the 98 concert too but i couldn't find one that I found last time. Mabbe it got erased. =( I'll upload 98 concert too, but it will be a later on. And it's different from the dream concert. It's Sechs Kies' 98 live concert. Not the first concert but it was seomwhat like an encore concert, featured their songs from 1st and 2nd albums
They do sound better in live than the records don't they? Such talented singers they are! XD

Unknown said...

hi !! can you post the lyrjcs for would you remember ? and the english translations too because ive been sarching for the lyrics everywhere and cant find it !!! ive been dying to know the meaning... thank you !!!

Post a Comment